Eggs as a nutritional bomb are one of the most valuable foods. They are a source of fat-soluble vitamins – A, D, E and K and water-soluble vitamins such as vitamin B2 and B12. They also contain a lot of phosphorus, potassium, sodium and calcium.
Unfortunately, eggs are a very strong allergen, and due to their very frequent use, there is a lot of food hypersensitivity to this valuable food.
For the above reasons, for a large part of people with autoimmune diseases or allergies one of the elements of nutritherapy will be an elimination and rotation diet, in which one of the rotated or eliminated products will be the above-mentioned eggs.
Elimination of eggs from the menu raises the question – how to replace eggs and how to give the dishes a consistency similar to the dishes, which consist of eggs.
Below I present substitutes for one egg, which I consider to be products, thanks to which you can obtain a firm consistency of dishes without using eggs:
a) Products such as (equivalent to one egg in brackets) will work in cold dishes:
• Gelatin (a heaped spoon of gelatin + 4/5 tablespoons of water = one egg)
• chia seeds (carefully for problems with blood clotting)
• Ground flaxseed
• Eggplant seeds
b) Products such as:
• Pumpkin puree / sweet potato (they will blend well in combination with potato/tapioca and buckwheat flour)
• Banana (½ banana crushed with a fork, can be pre-baked in the oven)
• Aquafaba – whipped water after soaking chickpeas – MNOM!
• Apple mousse – (1/3 cup = one egg)
Delicious and healthy!